Thursday, July 21, 2011

Roasted Vegetables

Roasting vegetables is such an easy side dish that is always so yummy. You can add whatever seasonings you like and whatever veggies you love! Roasting always brings out a complex and sweet flavor from the veggies. The combo I did tonight was just what I had on hand and needed to use! The tomatoes were a little wrinkly but I figured they'd get even more wrinkly in the oven, so who would ever know, and the potatoes were spouting those creepy eyes so I peeled them and all was lovely under the surface. Usually I like to keep the skin on the potato since it gets super crispy in the oven-it's my favorite part! And I looove cooked onions so I threw those in too. All you need is a piece of grilled chicken or steak and you've got a complete dinner.

Roasted Vegetables
I'll see you when you're delicious!

The ingredients can be anything you want, and I just used olive oil, salt and pepper to season. Couldn't be easier!

1. Preheat the oven to 450F. Dice the potato, throw them in your skillet, baking dish, whatever, toss with some olive oil, salt, pepper, maybe some cayenne if you like it spicy! It's important to let the potato go in first by itself because it takes longer to roast than the other veggies.

2. In the meantime, chop your onion into big chunks. I wish they would stay like that, but obviously the chunks fall apart in the oven.

3. After your potatoes have been roasting for about 15 or 20 minutes, take them out of the oven. Add the onions and tomatoes to the potatoes, drizzle in more olive oil, sprinkle with the salt and pepper, and give it a good stir. I like to use my hard spatula/turner for this job.

4. Roast for another 15-20 minutes or so, you could stir it halfway through but be gentle! It's more of a flipping motion than a stir to keep the veggies in tact. Soooo yummy!



I especially love this because it's the only side you really need. It's got a starch and two vegetables, more if you want!! Which means just one dish to clean! What's not to love?

No comments:

Post a Comment