Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Disclaimer

I am not a chef. The word "cook" may even be a bit of a stretch. Food preparer? Hungry person too cheap to eat out? Maybe I'll settle on "wife", because that's what I am and why I cook (with wine, on most occasions, hence the blog title). I cook for my husband because in my mind, it's a way to show him how much I love him.

This blog was created to give you simple, delicious recipes that you can often make without a trip to the grocery store. The other name for the blog I toyed with was www.imtoolazytoshopfordinnersowhatsinthepantry.blogspot.com. If you, like me, hate when people use one giant word and can never even read the thing, it said "I'm too lazy to shop for dinner so what's in the pantry". It's all about stocking up on staples that are versatile and have a long shelf life. Although I'm sure "sweet pea shoots"and "truffle oil" are great, you won't find them in the recipes here. A lot of these recipes won't have exact measurements, eek!! I used to watch Paula Deen and wonder, "How on earth does she know how much _____ to put in there??" but I promise that with practice and confidence, and one way too salty dish, you'll be retiring the teaspoons too. At least for main dishes, not for baking!

So pour a glass of wine...oh did you think the wine is just in the food? Sometimes, but it is always in a glass within a two second reach, that's crucial...and be sure to break out the cheap stuff for this cooking adventure!

3 comments:

  1. I totally LOVE your blog! It is now on my Favorites Bar so you'll need to deliver because I'll be coming to you daily for inspiration!!! I miss seeing you. Please let me know the next time you are in town. I want to see the new MRS. Michelle!! And, you need to meet the two new little ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this blog, Michelle! You have a new follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a really tasty and entertaining blog.
    very well written.

    ReplyDelete